Saturday, February 16, 2013

Stampin' Up Dallas Regional!

 I am SO SO SO SO SO excited!

There is a Stampin' Up Regional Meeting in Dallas, on February 16th.
Why am I so excited??  Because I'll be there, AND I'll be back in TEXAS!  WHOO HOOOOOOOO

Feels just like "Old Home Week!". :)

I'll be able to tell you more about this even when I return - since it's only the 2nd one I've attended, and this one is a full-day event.

At these huge events - I estimate there will be over a thousand demonstrators there, & swaps are 'encouraged'.  Basically, you come up with  a card design, make however many you want to, and use them as trades.  Give one, get one basically.

I made 3 designs, with a total of 50 of each card.
Now you know why I've been a little absent on the blog lately.  I've been at these for quite awhile, as you'll see.
 1st card:  Rainy-Day Inchies Thank You; Stamps:  Spring Sampler, Perfectly Penned.  Paper:  Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Whisper White.  Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist, Midnight Muse.  Punches:  Postage Stamp, Decorative Label.  Embossing Folder:  Cloudy Day.  Ribbon:  Midnight Muse 3/8" Stitched Satin.
 2nd Card:  Easter Inchies;  Stamp Sets:  Spring Sampler, Teeny Tiny Wishes.  Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Delightful Daffodil, Whisper White.  Ink:  Wisteria Wonder, Wild Wasabi.  Markers:  Regal Rose, Gumball Green, and Tempting Turquoise.  Punches:  Postage Stamp, Word Window, Modern Label.  Embossing Folder:  Square Lattice.  Ribbon:  Gumball Green 3/8" ruffled ribbon.
***After this picture was taken, I changed the design on the jellybeans, and used the 3 marker colors listed above instead of the pink.

 This card took the most time, and I ended up with 52 of them.  Can anyone say assembly line?
3rd card:  Thank You Blossoms;  Stamp Sets:  Stippled Blossoms, Blooming with Kindness.  Paper:  Certainly Celery, Whisper White.  Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Primrose Petals, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, and Raspberry Ripple.  Die:  Top Note  Embossing Folder:  Square Lattice.

I'll have more to say about this even when we return...  and 150 card designs to play with!


Please leave a comment. Thanks so much!

No comments: