Friday, February 8, 2013

Operation Write Home - Box 2


 Here are the cards I sent out with my 2nd Operation Write Home box.  The Easter themed cards are due the 7th, with Easter, Spring, and Graduation due later.  Since I made so many Mother's Day cards, I sent them early so they can be divided among units as per OWH's instructions.


 Click on any of the smaller images to make them appear larger for a better view.
  Here I used a retired Stampin' UP set called Easter Blossoms.  I love the image, so I try to use it often.  I used the Elegant Bouquet Flower embossing folder for the background flowers and chalks to color them with pastel colors.  I know I've said it before, but I REALLY love the new stamp pads!  Such nice coverage on the images!  I sent just 4 of these Easter Blessings cards.





 In the OWH box, I included 21 of the Mom cards-  I stamped them about a year ago while working on another project, and with the purchase of my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, I now feel I can do the stamp some justice!
These are the colors I used:
Mom:  PP2, PP4, LG4, LG5, HB2, HB3, and IB2, IB3.
Remaining stamp areas:  IB2, CT2, FS3, TB1, GT1, PP4, HB2, LG2, IG1

I also punched out vellum and Pretty in Pink cardstock butterflies.  This is the new butterfly punch for the Spring Stampin' Up catalog, and I also used SU rhinestones and pearls for the butterfly bodies.

 I really love daffodils.  When we moved into this house, I planted almost 75 daffodil bulbs that November, and each Spring we have a wonderful daffodil display in the front areas of the house.  They're so SO pretty!!
I made 10 of these daffodil cards, and used these Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.

Stems:  LG5, LG4, LG3, LG2
Flowers:  CT4, CT3, CT2, CT1, OR1
FS1, IG1 and BT1


 Aren't these little bees adorable?  I found this stamp recently at Hobby Lobby and just had to have it for Valentine's day - though it can be used for almost any occasion....
One of the big rules for sending cards to OWH is no glitter, so I used some of my glittered cardstock so it won't rub off.
Spectrum Noir Markers:
Bees:  CT 3 CT4, IG9, IG10
Bee outfit: GT1, GT2

Bees' wings:  BT1, BT2
Shadow:  IG1



 
Please leave a comment. Thanks so much!


 

No comments: