Tuesday, February 5, 2013

2013 Christmas Card Challenge - February, 2013

 Happy February!  Remember, Christmas is coming! 

January's passed, and we are all settling into 2013...  hopefully everyone's had some form of snow or other.  We haven't had much here yet, but I always hope!  If it's very bitter cold, I believe we need some snow just to make it pretty outside since we have to deal with the cold temps.  BUT that's my opinion!  I grew up with snow every winter, and have been missing it a lot of late.

So, first a big THANKS to the participants in the January challenge!  You'll be even happier with those cards when you get to November. :)

Our February theme is inspired by winter.... but not just white or something boring... it's inspired by winter's birds!  I just love seeing Blue Jays and Cardinals out in the snow, their colors so bright against the white background!

February's Challenge:  Winter Birds!  I've included a picture to get you started.  :)


Remember, follow the rules of 6 cards with the exception that if you need more than 66 cards to send, adjust your monthly totals.  Stamp the insides and envelopes as well!  Take your pictures and get them posted in the Linky at the bottom of this post by midnight Feb. 20th.

You can use any type of winter bird stamp for these cards, any company, any..... anything as long as it follows the winter birds theme!  Your imagination is your limitation!

Click HERE to view the entire post with all the rules, including small changes for 2013.

Here are my cards...  I used my Kitchen Sink Stamps to make the cards, and some of my Stampin' Up inks and papers to make it special.  Recipe for the inks follow at the bottom.

Here you can see the 6 cards for the set.
 This is the inside of the card - I used the other Cardinal image, and some darker inks, as well as one of my Stampin' Up sentiments.
 I do have the envelope done, but the photo I took was blurry, and I didn't want to post a blurry pic..... it is finished though, and matches the red Cardinal theme.

 Here is the recipe I used for the Cardinal on the front of the card:
Pine Branch:  1.  Certainly Celery  2.  Wild Wasabi   3.  Close to Cocoa (ret.)  4.  Early Espresso stamped off 1x.
Cardinal:  1.  Riding Hood Red stamped off 1x  2.  Riding Hood Red  3.  Cherry Cobbler   4.  Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Sentiment:  Stampin' Up - Riding Hood Red.

Recipe for the inside of the card:
Cardinal:  1.  Riding Hood Red  2.  Cherry Cobbler  3.  Bravo Burgundy  4.  Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Sentiment:  Stampin' Up - Riding Hood Red







Please leave a comment. Thanks so much!




No comments: