Sunday, October 2, 2011

Stampin' Up Club Cards August and September 2011

We made 3 cards on our August Stampin' Up Club Night!!!

This card uses two types of embossing - the swirls are from the Texturz Plates, and the other is the oval Designer Frames. This comes in a pack of two with a rectangular frame as well as the oval.
We used lots of techniques! Stamping (of course), embossing, tearing, inking, punching! It's a lovely card in person.


This card uses a color I'm not so thrilled with generally - River Rock - though the more I use it... I think it's growing on me! The background piece was a very interesting technique using our E clear block!! WTG, Kathy! It looks AMAZING!!


Hello, Doily! I loved this stamp from the moment I saw it... and even more every time I use it. It's heat embossed along with the sentiment in white. The trick?? Layers of powder! Don't just apply the powder once - keep pouring it on 3 or 4 times to get really good coverage.


Here we have our September cards. LOVE all the colors on this card!!! So fall-ish! I'm sad that the Build-a-Brad has retired... I really LIKE those!


This card again uses the Texturz plates to add the detail on the blue piece. This card was so much fun to make!! You'll recognize that I used the technique on one of the music cards (below). Stamp the background - clear emboss the piece (here, a leaf) and then use the sponge daubers to ink the piece with 2 colors. It's really amazing!!



Your comments are always appreciated!
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Love, love, love the card with the bird on it. I have both the stamp and punch for that but can't color mine as well as you did yours! Thanks for posting the photos for inspiration!