Saturday, September 17, 2011

Tulsa State Fair Entries

Today was turn-in for the 2011 "Tulsa" State Fair! I have a total of 3 entries, but one must be turned in next Saturday... and I need to bake it Friday night.

Here are pictures of the two projects I turned in today.
The first one is a "basic card". I used lots of techniques here...
Heat embossing, matting, marker coloring, buttons, 3D elements, embosslits.
Most products on this project are from Stampin' Up.
For cardstock, I used:
Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight.
Markers used:
Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Lucky Limeade, More Mustard, So Saffron,
I also used Elegant Eggplant Craft ink and clear embossing powder for the
embossing on the main piece, and the inside as well.



Here's the inside of the card. The 3D piece is the lattice die from Stampin' Up, and the butterflies were cut with the Embosslits die in the cardstock colors listed above.


Here is my Christmas piece. This one took me about a month to complete! At first I thought it was way too busy, BUT as an Advent Calendar, the person using it will have an entire month to look at it, so with lots of details, it won't get boring! When I get it back, my parents will take it back to Wisconsin with them, and it will go to my sister Gail. I know she'll LOVE it!


This bow was made on the Bowdabra with wired ribbon I got from Hobby Lobby.


Here you can see the Stampin' Up Matchboxes stacked in sets of 3.
I used Debbie Mumm paper for the top and bottom as well as the red and green glittered striped paper for the sides. The small circle cut-outs are also from the Debbie Mumm Harvest & Holiday's stack.
The button pieces - holly & ivy, hat & mittens, snowflakes, and snowman all came from Hobby Lobby in the Christmas aisle.

All the rest of the items are from Stampin' Up!

I used a new technique using Glossy Effects, reinkers, and Dazzling Diamonds glitter. You can see it on each individual number from 1 - 24, the poinsettia, and the bells.



Here you can see one of the stockings from the new Holiday Mini... I really LOVE those stockings! I heat embossed it, used the Ballet Blue marker for accents, and a rhinestone in the center of the snowflake.
Here on box #7 you can see one of the snowflakes using the glossy effects, a blue reinker, and the dazzling diamonds. They're so sparkly!


I used the glossy effects on the poinsettias as well. I know my sister will LOVE this!!!


I also embossed the green stocking and used the Daffodil Delight marker to add some accents to it.

Each box was filled with either wrapped Hershey's Nuggets (even dates), or red peppermints and green spearmint candy (odd dates).


As I said, I turned these in today... so we will see how I fare in the ribbons. I really worked hard and put a lot of thought into these two items!!! Hopefully they will realize it. :)


Your comments are always appreciated!
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

No comments: