Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas Eve Blizzard in Okielandia!!








I just had to post these pictures! Oklahoma had its first ever blizzard warning - they couldn't stop talking about it on the news... so we just stayed in and enjoyed the beautiful snowflakes! No, that's wrong. I should say that I enjoyed the snow... my husband certainly doesn't like the snow (shoveling) or the cold.

We ended up with 8 inches of snow when it was all over and it made everything look so beautiful!

We had a huge snowdrift on the back of the house that came up above the bottoms of the windows.... probably 4 feet in all - maybe a little more.

Now, almost 2 weeks later, we still have some of the snow left in our backyard simply because of the FREEZING temps we've had lately.


~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

2 comments:

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Thanks for sharing the snow and kitty pics....while the snow looks pretty, I am so happy not to be anywhere near it (our first winter in the SW and I get to enjoy the snow on the mountains in the distance)!!

Your kitties are so cute!!

Terry

Unknown said...

Wow this is amazing! I live in california so I never see stuff like this! Nice day to stay home and keep your kitties close :)