Wednesday, July 13, 2016

NOT a Pinterest Idea, but My Own! Nursery Decor

A little over a month ago, my great nephew (my FIRST great nephew) was born!  I'm now a Great Aunt.  Can't quite get my head around it yet, but I will soon enough.

The theme of his nursery is "Under the Sea".  An earlier blog post shows the shower invitations I made for the Baby Shower my sister hostessed.  It was a great success, and I heard there were great comments about the invitations. :)

 SO... with all the time I spend surfing Pinterest... and it's lots of time on Pinterest....  I came up with this idea.
The big F is from Hobby Lobby. It's about a foot and a half tall.  I used acrylic paint in Harbor Bay Blue, and swirled some white into it while it was still wet.
I used the Best of Pixar Cart to make these characters...  I cut Nemo and Squirt at 3 inches, and Dory at 4 inches.
I did some marker work on the figures to give them dimension.
You can see the F (for Felix) hanging on the wall of my craft room.  I'll try to get a picture of it in its spot in the nursery.


No comments: