Saturday, July 16, 2016

Baptism Gift for my Great Nephew

Over the past few years I've made many of these.  MANY.  This was a Stamp Camp project 3 or 4 years ago from my upline Kathy.  I made one of these for family members...  I even sent one to Panama with my husband for his Dad, so they've gone international! 

I went through my Lutheran Hymnal and found a great baptismal hymn to use as the background.  The Canvas backing is painted with acrylic paint as are the edges of the two wood crosses.


They are both covered in some retired Stampin' Up! DSP.  The pattern on the larger cross in the back has some flocking on it to give some texture.

I tea-stained the hymn, and used Mod Podge to adhere it to the backing, and cover it to protect it.  If you haven't heard of E6000 (E six thousand)... take a look at it - it's some SERIOUS adhesive! 

My husband also helped me pick out the cross embellishment.  There were probably 6 to choose from, and this was by far the best choice.



No comments: