Sunday, January 11, 2015

Christmas Cookies 2014

When we finally began Christmas vacation on the 19th of December, I started baking.  My goal was to have everything done and ready to go for December 24th to deliver gifts of cookies and candy to the neighbors.
I made it, but not without some anxiety!  I had some new cookie cutters this year, and wanted to try them out in addition to some of my favorites.

 I also found some new sprinkles...  Christmas lights!  I'm a sucker for Christmas lights...  Love them!
 This is one of the many cookies I made from the kit "Ugly Sweater Cookies".  I used my own dough, but bought the kit for the sweater cookie cutter.
 Click HERE for the recipe for this awesome cookie dough.  One thing I did change in the recipe this year was to use Orange Emulsion from the bakery supply store.  It has a more intense orange flavor than regular orange extract, and kept the cookies nice and moist.


 I had lots of fun with the candy cane cookies this year.

 One of my very favorite designs.  I saw it on the Wilton site, and this is the 2nd year (I believe) of using the holly sprinkles.  I used them everywhere this year.... and still only used 1 tube!  Amazing.


 The reindeer were too much fun!  :)  Do you see that they are gingerbread cookies turned upside down?



 I also made the following candy to add to the cookies in the gift tins:
English Toffee
Haystacks
Pecan Fudge
Chocolate dipped peppermint sticks
Salted caramel Pretzel Bark


 I had a great time playing in my kitchen as I always do, and was able to give many friends these edible gifts.




 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: