Tuesday, November 11, 2014

New Baby!

So I've decided that working full time teaching severely cuts into my crafting time, and I don't like it one bit!
That said,  I was asked to make 70 invitations to a baby shower for my cousin.

I was so thrilled to hear that they are expecting!  The new baby will be a wonderful addition to the family. :)

My cousin and his wife wanted green and yellow as the main colors, with a brown accent.  After some thought on this,  I went back to a design I've used before for 1 page shower invitations.
I cut the background invitation piece on my Cricut from the New Arrival cartridge, and inked it in a light brown ink to give it some definition.  The top piece is vellum, embossed with the Cuttlebug "baby" folder.
I ran out of time, so just a few of the vellum overlays had some inking to bring up the details on the embossing.

I used the retired Stampin' Up slot punch on the edges to thread the ribbon.  A little adhesive under the ribbon to keep everything together, and a trick I learned;  tie bows upside down.
I turned the cards away from me so I was looking at them upside down, and the bows all turned out right-side up!  Go figure. 

After assembling them, it took me just a few days to write out all the information needed for the shower.



 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: