Thursday, November 13, 2014

Baby Card in a Box

My aunt and uncle were coming to visit one night on their way to visit my cousin (review the baby shower invitations)...

I'd seen lots of examples of the "new" stamp set Something for Baby, and wanted to make a card I could send along with them instead of sending it in the mail.  I also sent along some things my husband and I got from our local Babies R Us store.  We don't have children, but I LOVE going there!  So much fun just filling the cart with baby stuff you know the new baby and mommy and daddy will need!
 When I got this stamp set, I took a picture of the stack-able toy when we saw it at WM so I'd have a color reference, and I'm glad I did!    Instead of stamping the onsie and duckie, I just used some patterned paper and the die to cut out the shapes.
 
 I love the look of layered punches!  For the front piece, I layered 4!  From back to front, you have the Decorative Label, the Artisan Label, the Modern Label, and 'bundle of boy' is stamped and cut with the Word Window punch.  Whew! 

 Two of the other stamps come from the stamp set "Bundled Baby".  I water-colored and hand-cut those to add as accents.
I love the bear image at the right panel - it's one of the retired Build-a-Bear stamps I use on baby cards.  He's also water-colored.

The main cardstock color I used is Pacific Point from Stampin' Up.  The patterned paper is from a DCWV stack called All Boy.



 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: