Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March 2014 Stamp Club

At our February card club, my upline Kathy asked if I would run Club in March!  I was thrilled!

I love the color Bermuda Bay so much, one card just had to feature that color.
 I do love options, so each end of the table had these two card options - landscape, or portrait.  Same elements, just a different look.
 Colors?  Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo.  Stamp Sets?  Six-sided Sampler (and Hexagon punch)  Petite Petals (and small flower punch) and Hello, Lovely for the sentiment which we hand-cut.  A little embossing, some dimensionals and rhinestones - and a cute, springy card!

The 2nd card, Kathy asked if I would feature the thinlits card die.  At first, when I saw them demonstrated, I wasn't so thrilled.  There just wasn't enough room to do any message writing!  After looking at them for awhile, and debating about the price (There are 10 additional dies in each package.), I jumped in.
 You Tube is a wonderful resource for videos, and I found one that showed how to cut the die so you have an extra panel to fold in that leaves more than enough room to write in!
Now, as you've seen, I use them all the time.  In a few posts, I'll show another design using this die with a square card!  SUPER cute!

For this card, I used:  Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White card stock.  Gingham Garden DSP, and Washi Tape.
Stamp Sets: (4)  Flower Shop (and Pansy punch), Petite Petals (small flower punch) Bring on the Cake, and Delighful Dozen, and the 2 1/2" circle punch.

One of the best comments I received:  "This looked hard, but was easy once you got started on it."

 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: