Friday, March 7, 2014

Card in a Box with a link to a Tutorial

I do so love learning new crafting techniques!

One of the girls from my card club brings samples she makes in other groups.  We lit upon this Card in a Box she made.  

I've seen them before, but as you know, in person it's always more stunning!

HERE is the tutorial I watched to get measurements, and tips on making these gems.  Have paper and pencil ready so you can write down your own instructions.  Doing this helps me immensely!  I can remember watching the video while I reread my written directions.

One very AMAZING thing with these cards - they fold up to fit into a regular A2 envelope! 


 I (again) used my DSP Gingham Garden - I really love that paper!  It's so versatile, and the bright colors are usually what I favor in my crafting.
 Main colors:  Pear Pizzazz card base, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Island Indigo.  I used the same colors on the larger butterflies - coloring them with markers, rhinestone bodies (as always) and then some Diamond Stickles to make them glitter.
 The larger flower centers are PK Glitz embossing glitter on regular brads...  Burgundy, Azure, and Honey.  The smaller flowers have rhinestone centers.
 Love that butterfly stamp and punch combination! 



 photo enjoybermudabay.jpg

No comments: