Friday, August 17, 2012

5 Question Friday August 17, 2008

1. What's the one thing you buy every time you walk into the store?
Chocolate!!!  (Well, not every time, but most of the time!)  Sometimes as a surprise my husband will have chocolate for me when he makes a small grocery run.

2. If you had a day all to yourself how would you spend it?
I am lucky to get these relatively often...   I like to put Pride and Prejudice (Colin Firth, Jennifer Ehle version) in the DVD player, and work in my craft room.  Sometimes I'll play one disc, sometimes both. :)  

3. Are you a speed limit driver? If not, over or under?
It depends.  I am usually an over the limit driver, but some days I feel quite Zen, and will take my time and hang out a little under the limit (in the right lane, of course!).  If I have clients with me, limit or under always.

4. What's your favorite dessert to make, homemade or from a mix?

 Mom's chocolate cake!  It's the most amazing scratch cake recipe - and so simple!  I also like to bake my Kitchen Sink cookies - a scratch recipe as well.  We actually don't have dessert - hardly ever.  If I want something quick, fresh strawberries, Reddi Whip, and some angel food cake slices.  YUMMMM


5. Would you rather have a spider or a mouse scurry across your face (no copping out and saying "neither!!")?


DEFINITELY a spider.  Mice make me SCREAM!!!!!

Two stories:  
As a college student, I was home one summer and a mouse ran from our basement door UNDER the recliner I was sitting in watching TV.  It was around 1:30 a.m. since I was home from the late shift I worked as a summer job.  I RAN upstairs, and woke up my dad, but he didn't do anything!!!.  I didn't sit in that chair for a LONG time.

As a teacher, my students were telling me they would hear scratching from the back of the room for a couple of days.  One morning, one of the girls (kind of yelled) that she saw eyes and whiskers.  I got all the kids to the front of the room on the carpet, sent one for the custodian, and I RAN outside of the portable!  **The kids were OK, nobody was in danger, and they were 10 years old.  :)  I was totally freaked out!!   We talked about that the entire school year - was a good joke with the class. :)


Your comments are always appreciated!

 ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

1 comment:

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

I really enjoy skipping through blogs and reading these answers. Love it. Great blog.

http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/