Monday, June 14, 2010

Wedding Card

The Splitcoast Stampers website (almost the be-all and end-all of stamping techniques) had these ADORABLE wedding/anniversary cards... and since I have a very special wedding to attend, I just had to make one!

One difference on the 'tuxedo'... I didn't cut all through to the bottom, but folded back the flaps and used my black glaze pen to make the lapels for the tuxedo. I also hand-cut the tie instead of using black ribbon as the other samples have done.

I embossed the white heart with a Cuttlebug strip, used Diamond Stickles to highlight the raised area... and then half-pearls to highlight the top of the 'dress'.

For the Newlyweds stamp comes from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set, and my two newest punches; Word Window and two of the Modern Label punches... one cut to make a 2nd layer.

On the white areas, I used Silver Brilliance Ink to stamp the flowered heart from the stamp set I {Heart} Hearts to give some continuity between the background paper (Paper Studio Wedding Stack) and the white foreground piece.

I also used the photocorners from the Jasmine cartridge.



Before sealing the envelope, I did add the Congratulations stamp from one of the newer sets on the top center of the card.


~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

4 comments:

BettyBee said...

Susan, this is a fabulous wedding card!! I just love the papers and the design you have chosen!! Your embossing is beautiful. I hope you will enter it into the Cuttlebug Challenge Wedding Card Challenge this week!

Thanks for leaving a comment on our Cuttlebug Challenge blog, too!

BettyBee

Jeri said...

Wow, I love this card. Making the tux out of the heart is a darling idea. Love the embossing and the stamping. Thanks for playing along with us at CCC.

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Susan,

Wow...what a beautiful card! I love the heart idea.

Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the CCC blog!

Ruthie :)

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous wedding card! Love the tux heart!!