Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mom's Birthday Cards 2010

I just received one of my new stamp sets from Kitchen Sink Stamps (Thanks, Mary!!)


Lilacs are absolutely my very favorite flowers so I just had to have this stamp set. After working with the layers for awhile, I cut the purple and white background layers from one of my Nestabilities sets, and set to stamping!


The purple lilacs in the yard always smelled the absolute best and were always my favorite. I miss seeing them in the spring.



Here on the inside of the card is another set of layered stamps to make the May flower: Lily of the Valley.



I saw this card on the Cricut Messageboard, and had to give it a try!!
The cone and all parts are cut from the Sweet Treats cart at 4 1/2 inches. Each piece is then run through the embossing folder Argyle for the cone, or Divine Swirls for the ice cream.
I used my Stampin' Up Slot punch to make the jimmies, and one of my SU stamp sets for the sentiment. The 3/4 inch circle cut the cherry for the top perfectly.



Happy Birthday Mom!!! Sorry we couldn't be there this year, but we'll see you soon!
Love, Sue and Bennie


~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

No comments: