Monday, July 14, 2008

Cards for Soldiers Challenge Part 2: Birthday! 7/8 to 7/26


Here is the Aurora I made for this Happy Birthday Challenge. She is cut at 4 inches with Starry Night, Christmas Red, and Platinum stickles. I also used the Yellow and Blue Glaze pens from Sakura. I also added some chalk to add color to her face.

I inked the embossed Happy Birthday background done on the Cuttlebug with Peony (dark pink from the Colorbox Petals collection) to contrast with the blues and yellows on the page. I also inked the edge cut with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace stamp with Sky Blue Colorbox ink. The Happy Birthday was cut from the Zooballoo cartridge using dark and light blue for background and foreground contrast.
Your comments are always welcome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan,
What is Peony? I just love the way you did your background!!!

Holly

mommyhammer said...

I'm blurfing from the Cricut MB! I am from Florida and it is HOT!!!

I love the princess cards! Very pretty. I have 3 daughters and they love the Disney Princesses.