Saturday, May 7, 2016

AMAZING Satchel Purse

This is one of many of these Satchel Purses I've made.  It has to be 8 or 10 so far, and probably 6 since January, 2016 alone.
I decided that all the ladies in my close circle would receive these as birthday gifts this year.  As a matter of fact, as I write this, the next one is in the planning stages because it has to go out in the mail soon to arrive on time.
You will find a link to this amazing Satchel Purse project at the end of my post.

 I'm using retired paper, Painted Blooms.  It is by far some of my favorite Designer Series Paper Stampin' Up has put out since I became a demonstrator.  A few years ago I was in love with another flowered paper, but this one is above and beyond any I've seen.
 This gift has many components, BUT all you need are 4 sheets of cardstock, and 5 notecards with envelopes to make it!  1 sheet of DSP of your choice, 2 sheets of colored cardstock, and 1 piece of white or vanilla depending on the DSP base color.
 With the Satchel Purse construction, you also make a Post It note holder (pictured below) and 5 notecards,  the two pictures above.  3 of the portrait card version, and 2 of the landscape card version.

I made two of these purses last weekend...  The one showing is with a Rose Red base, and the other purse has the tulips and a Melon Mambo base.  They are essentially the same, just with different backgrounds.

This past week was teacher appreciation week, and I decided to make one each for my Principal and Vice Principal.  They are awesome ladies, and work their hardest to help us out in the classrooms as much as they can.

I was very excited to present this to my Principal on Wednesday - she appreciates my crafting so much, and once took a class from me.  She knows the amount of work these types of gifts take.  I love doing crafting for her.  It makes me happy.

Click HERE to find the link to the original post in which I found the directions for these AMAZING Satchel Purses!  Scroll down until you find Satchel Purse (6/15).  The directions are VERY good!  Step by step with diagrams and all!

If you'd like to purchase any of these amazing, high quality crafting tools, click on the link below, and you can purchase through my Stampin' Up Demonstrator site.
Thank you so much!

No comments: