Sunday, March 3, 2013

Special Order - Sympathy Cards

 One of my coworkers approached me a few weeks ago and asked if I make sympathy cards.  I've made a few in the past, it was always for a friend or family event.

I never find them easy, but they always seem to have flowers.  I dug around in my stash, and found this flower stamp I haven't used in awhile.  I used my alcohol markers to work on the colors, and a technique for the purple paper....  not sure what it's called, but if you look closely, it has a fuzzy appearance.

I also stamped 6 images and colored each to make the 2 pink cards, and 6 images each to make the blue cards.  Why so many?  I hand cut each one of the extra images and layered them on top of the base image.  I then used a dotted background technique from a challenge from the Designed To Color site.



 Click on the photograph below to see a closer view of all the layers for each flower and leaf.

 Click on the photograph below to see a close-up view of the flower's layers.



Please leave a comment. Thanks so much!

1 comment:

JPScraps said...

These are beautiful! I love how you did the layers.