Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Two Requested Baby Cards

Hey there!! Here I am, still snowbound in Okielandia!! SO many days with schools closed, and I'm just happily playing around my craft room.

When Mom was here in December with our yearly calendar project, she had a chance to look through some of the cards we made during club this year, and LOVED the quilted card. Click HERE for the link to the original card. Not so strange that she'd love it since her thing is making actual quilts (and winning awards for them).

Since she had a shower to attend in April, she requested one card of each.. a girl and a boy card. With Sale-A-Bration going on, I was able to get the baby bear stamp set free, and found some very pretty pink shaded and blue shaded papers in the catalog. I also got the Welcome Baby tag as part of another Sale-A-Bration set!

I love it when a plan comes together!!! LOL

SO, here are my 2 cards, with views of the insides as well.

I used Pretty in Pink cardstock, Lap of Luxury DSP, White Organza ribbon for the bow, the Top Note Die, and the stamp from the Punch Bunch set in the Sale-A-Bration catalog. I also embossed the edges of the card with Framed Tulips. Both cards carry this detail; The Top Note quilt piece was embossed with the Swiss Dots folder, Going Grey marker to make stitches, and Champagne Mist to make the quilted piece sparkle.


The inside of the card is a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock clipped on the corners with the Scallop trip border and inked with Pretty in Pink. The bear is colored in pinks and burnished in Creamy Caramel(ret.) and Close to Cocoa(ret.).


Here's the boy card - very similar to the girl card, except with Pacific Point cardstock, Blueberry Crisp DSP, white satin ribbon colored with Pacific Point ink.


Since it was a card for a little boy, I made it a little less fussy - the bear is colored with shades of blues, and burnished with the same colors as above.

I'm not really into the Build-a-Bear anything... but I saw this stamp set, and knew with all the babies coming up, this would be just perfect in cards!!!

Your comments are always appreciated!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

These cards are beautiful!!

NEW BLOG:
http://nanascreativeplace.blogspot.com