Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Two Commissioned Cards!

I had 2 commissioned cards this week! I find it so exciting! I like working within tight parameters - BUT in the same way getting to be creative at the same time.

First, a birthday card for a lady that gave my mom our absolute FAVORITE Christmas candy recipe... Angel Food! Mom has to make lots every year since 1. she gets lots of requests for it, and 2. if she doesn't she get's yelled at! :) This also makes a wonderful surprise for me in packages during that time of year.

This first card is a combination of lots of techniques. I again used a cased image from the Kitchen Sink Crew - {Thanks, Lynn!!} The roses on the front of this card are Kitchen Sink Stamps. Don't know what they are?? Check 'em out!! They are fantastic stamps! I also used my newest Cuttlebug embossing folder for the background, and 2 cardstock and ink colors... Pretty in Pink for the card base, and Melon Mambo for the frame.


The inside of this card is ALL Stampin' Up! I used my new lattice die to cut the inside 'pop-up' piece... and the Sizzlits die to cut all the butterflies in Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Lovely Lilac (ret.) I just LOVE the color combination!!! Diamond Stickles added the perfect touch of sparkle!


This second commissioned card is for our school librarian. We had a Will Rogers "impersonator" come talk to the 4th graders this week, and they were very impressed with his knowledge of the man and his life. He really did a fantastic job!!!

I used my Cricut for this card - the Old West cartridge. I bought it about a year ago knowing I'd have need of it at some point, and here was my opportunity. :)

The framed piece is the negative cut from a Stampin' Up die - more to come on the inside!


Here you can see the 'positive' cut from the Stampin' Up die as an area for a personal message. I had a great time with these cuts from my Old West cartridge!!! Thank goodness for 5 x 7 cards!!! Otherwise it all wouldn't have fit!

I used different techniques with Close to Cocoa ink... sponging, burnishing, and marker highlighting.


Your comments are always appreciated!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

No comments: