Thursday, November 4, 2010

First Christmas Card for 2010



When the Stampin' Up Christmas Mini catalog came out, I just knew I had to have this stamp!!! I played around with it for awhile, and then started with the vintage colored inks, and that was it!

The background is stamped in Old Olive, the Joy is colored in darker with the Old Olive marker, and the 25 is colored in darker with the Mellow Moss marker. To highlight the poinsettias and bells, I stayed with the Earth Element colors More Mustard, Summer Sun, etc.

After trimming it to leave just a little border, I inked it with Brilliance Gold and Silver inks to help it shine, and added red Stickles to all the berries through the piece.

I had some Purely Pomegranate satin ribbon that tied nicely into a bow, and matted the stamped piece with some olive cardstock. The holly paper came from HL.


Your comments are always appreciated!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

3 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

And what a beauty it is, Susan!! Such gorgeous work on this fabulous holiday design!!

Jackie said...

Another nice card - I love the browns. And your Christmas card is superb. I have that stamp too and never thought to do what you've done to it! Great...great..great!! I'll be back to visit again.

Teresa Kline said...

so elegant and gorgeous....have a fantastic day!

enjoy *~*