Thursday, July 25, 2013

Christmas in July 25

 July 25th.  It's now exactly 5 months to Christmas! 

True, I have a little Christmas every month with the Christmas card challenge, but I'm having lots of fun with this challenge I've set for myself - Christmas in July.

I had a different card planned for today, but since it was the 25th, I decided to make a Christmas tree.  It just seemed appropriate.

For the tree base, I used two triangles cut from the Perfect Pennant die and layered them to get the height I wanted, then the Lace Ribbon punch for the side borders.

You probably recognize how I made the tree...  it's pieces cut from the MS branch punch and layered... layered... layered!  I use this technique every year on the calendar project.

At the top of the tree, there's a triple bow, and star.  The tree lights come from the Cricut cartridge Christmas Cheer.  I usually cut MANY of these and store them in a baggie.  They are covered with Stickles as is the star.

Gotta love the Christmas trees!
Please enjoy.


No comments: