Friday, May 31, 2013

Five Question Friday - May 31, 2013



Compared to some of Mama M's trials, my week has been pretty easy - saw some clients, slept late with summer here, lunch with some friends...  Things will get hectic soon enough.  I'm going to enjoy it! :)


1. What is an acceptable age for girls to start dating?

I think 16 is a good age to start going out on dates. Then with a group or another couple only. In school the boyfriend/girlfriend thing seems to start about 5th grade. 
 
2. Do you think your kids should have summer homework?

Not necessarily. Our city runs a Summer Reading program with great incentives. I get the kids reading as much as I can, but still find stories they like, or non-fiction topics to which they hold interest.  Some years I've recommended the book called Summer Bridge Activities for students who seem to have problems remembering things during the school year. This way the shouldn't lose so much over break.
 
3. Would you prefer to live without AC or heat?

I could handle being without heat where we live. It would be hard when the blizzards and snowstorms come, but I MUST have my A/C. I'd be dead from melting away without it! 
 
4. What the worst thing about staying in a hotel? (Besides not being with your family)

I don't like being unfamiliar with an area - restaurants, attractions, and the WORST thing is if there isn't a pool, or it's out of service. 
 
5. So, do your kids really get "104 days of summer vacation"? 

I believe this year we will. I also get those summer vacations, and treasure them - so let's see... how many days do we have? If you count only M - F... we actually have 68 days off. We don't go to school on the weekends during the year, so I didn't count 'em. :)
I've already used 10.... so I've got 58 left.


 

No comments: