Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mom and Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary!

This past summer the entire family was together at home in Wisconsin for an entire list of celebrations:  nephew's graduation, our anniversary, my parent's anniversary, niece's birthday brother-in-law's birthday... there were a few more, but I just don't remember right now!

Almost the entire family went up to Door County for 3 or 4 days.  We stayed at a resort, had the days to sight-see, and spend time with the family in the evenings.  It was wonderful!  Since I moved out of state right after college, this kind of family time just doesn't happen very often.

Well,  after all that, my parents were in town Friday through Sunday - and Saturday was the actual date of their 50th Anniversary!  My husband and I were thrilled we could spend it with them.

This is the card I made.
We went out to one of our favorite celebration restaurants, Carrabba's and had a wonderful dinner and some quality time grilling my parents about their wedding.  My husband loves all the little details.

This card features lots of gold embossing powder - the En Français stamp, and the 50 then crumb cake in for the sentiment and the edges on the punches and doilies.  Love the effect the doily folding gives!

I told Mom later in the evening - if they wouldn't have been on the road traveling during their anniversary, we'd have made a quick trip home to surprise them!  This was an important anniversary, and I'm just so happy we could spend it with them.

Please enjoy!


No comments: