Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Stampin' Up Annual Ultimate Stamp Camp!

Every year, our Stampin' Up Club Demo Kathy has an Ultimate Stamp Camp.  Due to the fires in Mannford, OK this past summer, the camp was unavailable and she had to scramble a bit to find a different location.

We landed in a GREAT location that worked out very well (or at least I thought it did)...  and though I'm only showing the 2 projects I made, she had almost 8 projects for the ladies to work on over the two-day event.

I had a big Christmas Card order (as you saw from a previous post) that needed to be completed, so I made the following 2 projects, and then used the time and generous work space to really get some work done.... AND I could go home and sleep in my own bed.  Win Win!!


These are stone coasters!  Aren't they FANTASTIC!  We used Staz-On ink to make them, baked 'em in the oven to set the ink, and added felt feet to the bottoms.  

This purple set with the G is for my sister.  I had Mom and Dad take it with them when they left to go back home after their short visit.  I am making more for Christmas gifts, but wanted her to have these right away. 
 This is my set... they are already in use!  Since we have so much wood furniture, I am considering making another set in browns.  We'll see. :)
 Here you can see the packaging and storage for the stone coasters. 
I've already got 4 more sets already made for Christmas gifts... just need to complete the boxes, and wrap them in the tulle.  


 This framed piece was in our most recent Stampin' Up Holiday Mini catalog.  It's actually much easier to make than you can imagine.  One trick I learned (the hard way) is to make sure ALL the paint is dry before you start putting the piece together.

This piece will also go to my sister for Christmas.  I hope she likes it!!
 Here's a close-up of the center - that champagne paper is "sparklier" in person than it looks in the photos...  SO SO pretty!  I also used a thicker piece of tulle for the bow at the top of the tree.



Your comments are treasured!


No comments: