Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day Cards for 2009

This is a series of 3 Mother's Day cards I made this year. My Mother-In-Law requested that I make a card for MY mom from her. Yes, a little unusual, but it makes her happy. This first card with the tulips is the one I made because it's different than the one we were sending to my MIL.

I have a previous post back to the Cricut Messageboard regarding this tulip card - it's not my original idea - scraplifted from another Cricuteer. I do love it though, even though it takes some time.

The ladybugs were cut at 1/2 inch and are the perfect size for these flowers! The butterflies are two Martha Stewart punches layered and trimmed to match.

This side view of the card shows the darker green shadow behind the lighter green leaves and stems.
The Happy Mother's Day is a cut from the Wild Card Cart! Gotta LOVE the photo corners - Okie turned me on to those - she does amazing things with them. They're from the Jasmine Cart.
I can't begin to tell you how much I LOVE these daffodils! This card I made twice - one for my Mom, and one for my MIL. Same butterfly punch from Martha Stewart, just in another color.
Another side-view showing the darker green shadow behind the flowers to add dimension.
I added some doodling after I took the picture to add just a little to it.

I hope you enjoy these. I LOVE them! Never thought I'd get as much use out of the Walk In My Garden cart as I do... I guess you just never know.
Happy Mother's Day!!


~*~ ~*~ ~*~ *~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A Proud member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

5 comments:

Kopperhead said...

WOW, Susan, what gorgeous cards. That is some beautiful work. I have the MS butterfly punches, so I'm going to try your technique.

Thank you for your kind words on my blog, I added a little bit more info on the kits you asked about, and I'll try to add more on the other ones later.

I do not sell anything, but I do a lot of swapping. I hang out on the Swap forum on the Cricut MB, and when I'm not swapping I hang out on the Cards. I've been very busy with swaps lately!
k

Delilah said...

WoW! very cute creations! Great work!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Great work.

Tanya said...

Really great cards!!

Magoo said...

wow, so much detail!! amazing :) they are just lovely :)